on living and working in the Amazon
Working upriver in Tahuania, first quarter of 2017
RiverWind September 2016 Newsletter
Our quarterly newsletter, with material from April through early July, 2016
Celebrating the Festival of St. John the Baptist, patron saint of the jungle and rivers of central Peru.
Now and not quite yet, but coming…
September 9 - 15: U.S. kitchen construction team in Nuevo Italia - traveling by river.
September 29: RiverWind Board meeting.
October 1 - 21: Dick & Ruth visiting family, churches, friends & donor in U.S.
November 4 - 11: Dick & Ruth with DAI leadership in Manila
Please be in prayer about…
- Thanksgiving for successful surgery for 2-year old Arfaxad. Continued prayer for healing, post-surgical exams and future reconstructive surgery. Thank you for your prayers and gifts. We thank God for you!
- Pray for Christ The Rock (Menasha, WI) Reach Ministry construction team arriving September 9 to build a kitchen at the Leadership Training Center in Nuevo Italia.
- Pray for RiverWind's Paro Niwe leaders w.ho will be visiting distant villages to conduct Orality teaching, plant and support young churches.
- Pray for Ruth. She has been struggling with dental issues, infection and pain for several months. She had dental work here in Pucallpa; but we are anxious to get to the Fox Valley in WI for expert care.
- Pray for completion and resources for Mission Training Center here in Pucallpa. It's been a long, tiring, wearying process! We are eager to put it into use for God's mission to the indigenous and least-reached.
- Pray for our (Dick & Ruth) travel - Tahuania upriver mid-month, then to Michigan for RiverWind's Board meeting, visiting churches and family in SW Michigan, Indiana & Wisconsin. Back in Peru October 23.
- Pray for wisdom and planning by the RiverWind Board, Sept 29.